Town of Lawrence, Wisconsin Town of Lawrence, Wisconsin Town of Lawrence, Wisconsin
Town of Lawrence, Wisconsin

Frequently Asked Questions

page image

Where does voting take place?

Voting on Election Day is held at the Town of Lawrence Town Hall located at 2400 Shady Court, De Pere, Wisconsin.  The polls are open from 7:00am to 8:00pm.  Voting registration can be done on Election Day.  When you register to vote, a pictured ID or drivers license is required along with one other proof of residency such as a utility bill with your name and current address on it.


What school district do I live in?

There are two school districts in the Town of Lawrence.  The West De Pere School District and Wrightstown School District.  Please contact the Lawrence Town Office at (920) 336-9131 for information on which school district you reside in.


Where can I put my mailbox?

Contact the local Post Office for instructions and regulations.


When is trash and recycling picked up?

Trash is picked up at curbside every Monday.  The trucks begin their route at 6:00am so it is necessary to have your trash at the curb by that time. All trash must be in trash bags or containers.

Recycling items are picked up at curbside every other Monday.  Please contact the Lawrence Town Office for a schedule.


Where can I take brush, garden waste, leaves and grass clippings?

Garden waste, leaves and grass can be taken to the Town of Lawrence compost facility located at the Town Hall, 2595 French Road.  A windsheild decal is required and can be obtained by stopping in the Town Hall during regular business hours which are Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm.for fees charged for disposal of these items. The Town of Lawrence now provides a brush dropoff site next to the Town compost facility. Brush must go in the area designated for brush disposal.

How can I get rid of large items such as carpet and pads, swings sets, bikes, lawnmowers, grills, etc.?

You can arrange to have these items picked up by Advanced Disposal Services by calling 920-983-3341 or 1-800-279-1930.  You can also dispose of these items by taking them to the Transfer Station.  Please call the Transfer Station for charges at 920-490-2706.


Where can I dispose of cans of paint?

Full cans of paint may be taken to the Hazardous Waste Site located at 2561 S. Broadway behind the Brown County Materials Recycling Facility.  The hours are from noon to 8:00pm on Thursday and 8:00am to 2:00pm on Saturday.

Partial cans of water based paint may be dried out by taking off the cover and allowing the paint to evaporate and then place in a trash bag and place in the regular trash pickup.


How do I separate the recyclable items?

Newspaper, magazines and other clean paper products are to be placed in a recycling container or in a brown paper sack.  The cardboard is to be broken down no larger than the size of the Lawrence Recycling bin.

Plastic, glass, metal and tin must be clean and can be co-mingled in a recycling container. 


How do I obtain a recycling container?

Contact the Town Business Office at 336-9131, during regular
business hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday,


Town of Lawrence, Wisconsin
Town of Lawrence, Wisconsin